Moisture wicking fabric is a type of specially engineered material that absorbs and draws (“wicks”) moisture such as sweat from your skin’s surface. You’ll find this fabric technology in a lot of high performance athletic and sports clothing, because of its breathability, drying, and cooling capabilities. When you sweat, your body is trying to cool off. Most clothing fabrics will keep the moisture trapped, preventing sweat from evaporating quickly. The way that moisture wicking fabric works is that when you wear it and begin to sweat, the property in the fibers absorb and release the moisture to the surface for quick evaporation. Pretty cool, right? There are a few more benefits of moisture wicking fabric including, but not limited to…
- Preventing bacterial and fungal growth.
- Relief for night sweats, hot flashes, and cold sweats.
- Keeping cool on hot days and nights.
- Prevents hypothermia.
- Conceals excessive perspiration.
- Helps to regulate body temperature.
- Does not pile, fade, or shrink.
- Moisture wicking fibers are permanent.
- Easy to wash and care for.
- Many fashionable moisture wicking clothing styles available.
At Softies PJs, we use a patented Dri-release® with Fresh Guard®, which not only wicks away moisture but neutralizes odors to keep you smelling fresh! Some moisture wicking fabric can also be rough to the touch, but you’ll notice all of our sleepwear and loungewear is extremely soft and lightweight. Learn more about what makes us different or try one of our moisture wicking pajamas for yourself to experience the difference.